Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Viva La Mama!

I went with Klaus last night to watch one of his last dress rehearsals.  We walked there (of course) and on the way we discussed the days of the week and how to say certain things.  He is really great about helping me.  He knows just enough English to get by and make learning simpler.  I will admit that most of our conversations involve a English to German dictionary sitting on the table between us, but we try Smile .

Viva La Mama is a fun production.  It is an opera and it is amazing.  These people sing so well.  It literally gave me goosebumps.  I was in awe.

It was encouraging to me that I understood most of what was going on.  I couldn’t understand the exact words, but the general idea of the plot I completely got.  It’s an opera about a group of actors getting ready to do their premiere show and there are zillions of mishaps and failures and miscommunications.  It is very reminiscent of Tyler Perry’s Madea shows as the lead character is a larger than life feisty woman played by a larger than life man.  It was incredible.

After the performance, we went back to the house and I did my homework (Not really homework, just me trying to catch up by working on verb conjugation.)  I actually made it awake past nine o’clock.  I don’t know what it is about this place, but I find myself exhausted all the time.  At first I though it was because I had a small cold, then I blamed it on all the travel I had been doing, Frau Merchant says that it’s normal because it’s not easy to study this much and have it be so intense (which it is,) I think it may be a combination of all those things, and that I am being much more active here than I was at home.  I love walking around here for hours.  There is so much to see and the air is so clear and clean. 

Tomorrow we have no school and I think I am going to climb up to the place and look out over the entire town.  I’m going to go to the museum that is in the church up there too.  I will be posting some awesome pictures afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment